Level 1+S -Surveyor Safety Training
January 24, 2024 @ 8:30 am - January 26, 2024 @ 4:30 pm
Course Name: Level 1 and S Surveyor Safety Training
Location: Suite 407, 604 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC
Duration: 3 days (08:30 – 16:30)
Cost: $1,200 plus GST
In BC, all asbestos workers must be trained and certified, including those conducting asbestos surveys. Asbestos surveyors determine the presence, quantity, location, and content of asbestos containing materials for the purpose of asbestos inventory development or building renovation, expansion, upgrade, and demolition projects.
This 3-day comprehensive training course sets the foundation for conducting an asbestos survey. The training course provides both classroom instruction and hand-on exercises to teach and demonstrate the core competency skills necessary to meet WorkSafeBC certification requirements of Level 1 (Foundational Awareness) and Level S (Surveyor Safety). Successful completion of this 3-day course will allow participants to write the final written exam for the opportunity to obtain Level S Surveyor Safety Certification from WorkSafeBC.
Major Topics discussed:
- Asbestos types, characteristics, and applications
- Health effects of asbestos exposure
- Regulations, Liabilities, and Compliance Documents
- Different types of surveys
- Pre-project planning, document reviews, and building walkthrough
- Basic understanding of building systems
- Inspect and identify suspect asbestos-containing materials.
- Delineate Homogeneous materials and develop a sampling plan for bulk samples.
- Bulk sample collection procedure and fieldwork techniques
- Introduction to asbestos laboratory analytical methods and chain of custody
- PPE requirements when conducting surveys
- Report writing and record keeping