Level 1 and 2 Asbestos Safety Training (Sold Out)
November 14 @ 8:00 am - November 17 @ 5:00 pm$1,400
Course Name: Level 1 and 2 Asbestos Safety Training
Location: Suite 407, 604 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC
Duration: 4 days (08:30 -16:30)
Cost: $1400 plus GST
In BC, all asbestos abatement workers must be trained and certified. This 4-day course provides a comprehensive discussion of the practices and procedures used in asbestos abatement according to WorkSafeBC regulations. It meets the mandatory certification requirement for workers that perform asbestos abatement work.
This training covers the Level 1 (Foundational Awareness) and Level 2 (Asbestos Safety) core competencies as set out by WorkSafeBC.
The training course includes both classroom lectures and hands-on practical workshops. The hands-on workshops emphasize various control measures and techniques to minimize fiber release and worker exposure when disturbing asbestos containing materials. Successful completion of this 4-day course will allow participants to write the final written exam for the opportunity to obtain Level 2 Asbestos Certification from WorkSafeBC.
Major Topics discussed:
- History of asbestos use.
- Asbestos types, characteristics and applications.
- Health effects and medical surveillance requirements for asbestos.
- Provincial regulations and guidelines.
- Personal protective equipment including respirators.
- Equipment, Material, and Tools.
- Abatement planning and site set-up.
- Decontamination procedures in relation to abatement risk levels.
- Safe work procedures for asbestos abatement.
- Waste packaging, handling, and transfer.